1. Angelswort is an album of syncretic genre that borrows lead vocals & production techniques from the vernacular idiom, along with instruments & compositional techniques from the classical/new music realm.
2. Angelswort is a fairytale told equally through the music and artwork constructed from the visions and dreams of Ben Hjertmann.
3. Angelswort is a mythical red powder which can be extracted from a once-enchanted object (e.g., snakefish driftwood)
4. Angelswort is the dissertation album by the freshly-dubbed "Dr." Ben Hjertmann (Northwestern University, 2013)
5. Angelswort is the swansong performance of a group named The Sissy-Eared Mollycoddles (RIP 2007-2012).
Compositions by Ben Hjertmann at hjertmann.com
Pop/Rock music by Ben Hjertmann (Kong Must Dead) at kongmustdead.com
Be sure to click each track to see the individual album art for every track!
released June 22, 2013
Ben Hjertmann: vocals, percussion, prepared piano, auxiliary sounds
David Reminick: saxophones (II, III, IV, VI), bass (I)
Alex Temple: piano (II, VI) synth (IV), melodica (VI)
Chris Fisher-Lochhead: viola (I, III, VI), bass (IV)
Kenn Kumpf: vocals (III)
All artwork by Alex Mitchell. redfathoms.businesscatalyst.com/index.html
All tracks recorded and produced by Ben Hjertmann, KLWHNAA Recordings, Chicago, IL. Extra production/mixing help for tracks I-IV from Elliot Cole.
Mastered by Bill Milgram and Ben Hjertmann at Milgram Music Studios in Lake Forest, IL.
All music and lyrics composed by Ben Hjertmann 2011-2013, KLWHNAA Publishing (ASCAP).